books I am reading or loved

  • among the cannibals
  • extreme birds
  • pacific patterns

Saturday, February 23, 2008

A little bit of home

I love ferns and they were a major part of my garden in Canada, along with a great collection of trilliums. I have been looking at ferns here in Fiji and wondering how I can put them in my garden. I finally decided to make a garden in a shading part of the yard. Artificial shade but at this point who cares. Ana and her husband helped me and she was a bit perplexed by my not wanting any colour or very limited colour in the garden. So I started to explain that when you go hiking in Canada you go into these great forests that have these amazing canopy's and on the forest floor you will have a very lush fern garden, amazingly beautiful albeit green!!! I can assure you I was waxing poetic and I am sure my eyes glazed over and I was wearing a spiritually altered expression on my face as I was talking about my forest walk experiences. But the long and the short of it is that she totally got it! and loves my little side garden that is dedicated to my forest walks in Canada!


my new garden

No comments: