books I am reading or loved

  • among the cannibals
  • extreme birds
  • pacific patterns

Thursday, May 11, 2006

fall is here

The weather is cooling down, still warm during the day, and can still sweat just by walking but at least the sweating where you feel it dripping down your back as you are sitting perfectly still is over. The nights are quite cool if not cold; I wish I had brought more sweaters. I don't know if it is actually cold or I have just gotten use to the heat and I am officially a wimp now.

Things are starting to move along for Stan finally with the position at the University of the South Pacific. They are drawing up his contract, and as soon as he signs it life will change again. We are hoping to be moving to Suva, Fiji by August.

My brother and some friends are coming to visit for a month in mid-July. I am looking forward to having visitors. I have explained I can show them the entire Island in one day, but they still want to come for a month. And with going to the outer islands we will be able to do a lot of exciting things. On top of his list is diving and swimming with the Humpback whales!

I am going to Bali for 12 days in June to meet with my Parents. I am looking forward to spending some time on another small island and seeing all the amazing temples. Also spending time with my parents will be great, and doing some shopping with my mom. I am in some serious withdrawal from shopping, totally looking forward to burning up the plastic a bit.

No comments: