books I am reading or loved

  • among the cannibals
  • extreme birds
  • pacific patterns

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June 9th is a half-day for dad so we go into town in the morning to have a spa morning at Anika spa.


This lady has a brand new babe in her lap, that is snuggled into a sling that is around her shoulder. I won't tell you how fast they were going!!! No car seats.




The population of Bali is 4 million, and at least 85% have scooters. I am amazed how the cars and the scooters cohabitate on the roads and how perfect harmony is kept at high speeds and 2-3 vehicles sharing one lane. This would cause bedlam in Vancouver.

I was trying to get a picture of a typical family. The baby in front, dad driving, another child behind dad then the mom.



It is amazing what they will transport on the scooters. I saw everything from surf boards to big sacks of rice, and live stock.



At the spa mom has a shiatsu massage and a facial. I have a volcanic treatment which includes: a flower footbath, body massage, volcanic mud body scrub, then body mask that ends with a bath with flowers floating along the top. It was fabulous. Posted by Picasa

No comments: